Recharge & Unwind: Nutrition & Yoga for Stress Management
Posted by Arja on June 5 in Newsletters
Life is busy, and life can be stressful. You may not be able to change those things, but you can learn to support your body so that you can cope better.
Join yoga instructor, Kazimira, and holistic nutritionist, Arja, for a workshop where we will explore nutrition + lifestyle strategies to help you manage your stress better, as well as learn how restorative yoga can help balance the mind + spirit through a guided practice.
During this 2hr workshop Kaz & Arja will help you:
* Eat and choose supplements that will help your body manage its response to stress
* Get a restful night of sleep
* See how restorative yoga can help reduce stress by bringing the body back into a natural state of balance
* Feed and nourish your adrenal gland, which secretes your stress hormones, to prevent adrenal exhaustion during periods of prolonged stress
* Learn therapeutic poses & self-care techniques to take the strain off the sympathetic nervous system, and shift the body's focus to the parasympathetic system.
Restorative Yoga uses gentle postures to both stimulate and relax the body. It provides the space and tools to connect mindfully with your body, which allows you to return to a place of deep rest and healing.
Holistic Nutrition isn’t just about choosing to eat healthy foods. It recognizes that the body operates as a whole system, and that wellness can only be achieved if we pay attention to both the body and the mind.
When? Sunday, June 14th 1:30 – 3:30pm
Cost? $39 (+HST) per person
Where? Mind & Body Integrated Medicine
2921 Lakeshore Blvd West
Space is limited so register early to avoid disappointment!
Contact me today to secure your spot.
Click to download Recharge & Unwind: Nutrition & Yoga for Stress Management